On our first night, after a brief nap and a hug filled reunion with Eunice and Randy, we had what I have to say is the most divine dinner of my life. Accounting for the "Griffee third" and all, Passage 53 did more than impress, it blew us all away. Located in the 1st arrondissement down a narrow alleyway with hookah bars and curiosity shops, this 7 tabled restaurant served up 11 courses of heaven on a plate. The last 2 courses, dessert, were actually a total of 5 tastings, so you do the gluttonous math. Amazingly, we did not leave in the state of fullness one might experience after a super-sized Big Mac value meal, but rather in a comfortable state of euphoria.
The only problem with starting a trip like this with a meal like that is the challenge for all other dining experiences to meet or exceed the inaugural, but this is what you would call a "first world problem."
What follows is an homage to the beauty of all I have masticated in the past few days.










I would like to masticate to your photo.
ReplyDelete