iPhone blogging. Let's see how this goes...
T and I were some of the first "customers" to the brand new Hartsfield International terminal that opened a mere 2 days before our arrival. This was apparent in our experience. To begin, the lady at the ticket counter (for which we were 2.5 hours early) stated without any sense of alarm that, while we had a reservation and a seat assignment, she refused to honor it on account our tickets had not yet been paid for. WHAT? How does one book a nearly 2K seat without payment? A few minutes later, while in a tizzy on the phone trying to work this out, the lady prints up a few boarding passes (like nothing at all had been said before) and says with a smile "Gate F1." We are still not exactly sure what happened, but rest assured we made it to France.
Onto the new international food court. We were excited to see some local favorites- the calls of "What'll ya have?" rang louder and more repetitively than all other sounds, thanks to the Varsity's latest installment. I was pleased to have a few vegetarian options and T was sweet enough to try to procure them for me. Attempt 1 was for a veggie panini for which the Pecan Bistro had no vegetables to offer. Option 2 was fish, but El Taco was out of that too. Suffice it to say I ate. And supposedly the beans were not cooked in meat, though I don't fully trust Mercedes, who said they weren't.
The flight was uneventful, but also a painful reminder of how old our bones, joints, backs and butts are getting. Not one of the aforementioned body parts was without discomfort on this 7+ hour flight. I only wish we had discovered the handy foot rests beneath the seats some time before the descent into CDG.
Samir was our driver, equipped with a "Lance" sign and all, and we felt pretty fancy departing the airport. The ride to our apartment was... well... I have no idea, as I passed out for nearly the entirety of the drive.
Fritzi made our arrival so pleasant, with a 40 minute tour of our absolutely gorgeous apartment- how to use the treadmill without running (hence disturbing the neighbors), log onto the Wifi with the 20 character password, brew quick and delicious espresso and be sure to triple lock the door upon exit. We had been impressed and excited by the pictures we'd seen, but had no idea how beautiful this place would be. Wow.

No comments:
Post a Comment